Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hospital Tour

So this past Saturday I had my hospital tour!!  It was so surreal.  I took my mom and dad with me.  I'm so happy they could come with me.  At first when we got there I felt a little weird because everyone was there with their husbands.  It was a little tough at first since I wanted Cody to be there with me to experience this time in our life.  But unfortunately he is keeping the rest of us safe here in our own Country.  And we all know that my parents rock.  So after a couple minutes I got used to the fact that my life is just different than the normal civilian.  This is what we call sacrifice, but really I have my mom & dad right there providing soo much support.  Of course leave it to my mom to pretend she was the tour guide in front of everyone joking around.  LOL, I wonder where I get my loud-ness.  And my dad kept saying "you were born here 26 years ago".  It's funny that when you're 13 years old...that stuff is soooo embarassing, when you're 26 you just love the hell out of them for being so great and a little dorky...but thats what parents are for, and we all know I'm going to be busting at the seams with my dork-ness.  Anyways....the tour was packed with some good information.  And it was a little scary seeing the room....I mean a bed with stirrups a computer/moniter screen, spotlight and that's it.  That's all.  Of course the luxery items in the room....but really....you'd think there would be Tons of stuff in there.  But I guess they bring some stuff in.  Who knows.  I will in like 103 days :)  I made sure that I can skype with Cody.  They said that we can...I'm blessed that Cody can be in the room with me, in some way.  Not the ideal way, but considering what it used to be like years ago....this is amazing.  I just wish Cody could touch Norah after she's born.  But we will take what we can get.  Here is a picture of the recovery room, well you can really only see the bed....but there's more:


Ohh and on another baby note:  Suzanne and Mike had their baby....a little boy, Andrew James.  It was amazing seeing him, the day he was born.  AMAZING.  It was so much fun holding him.  I've never held a baby so young!!  HE was soo sweet, just laying in my arms.  I'm soo happy for Suzanne, Mike & Sam! 



And another Norah item:  An adorable pink Pom Pom hat!!  I LOVE THIS HAT!!  It's my absolute favorite!  IT's super soft and CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!


And a friend, Heather, gave me a stroller, activity chair and bouncy chair today.  It was super nice of them to let us have them.  I'll probably give them to my parents these items since we will get new items.  I don't want my parents to have to buy all new items when they won't be using them super super often.  Of course they probably will use them more than we think.  Thank goodness for Grandma & Grandpa. 

On a sad note, one of my good friend's from high school just lost her dad.  He had a massive heart attack.  It was sudden and out of no where.  She's taking it bad, just like I would be.  I just hope there is something I can do to help her out.  My heart is literally breaking for her. 

On a sweet note, Cody has been adorable lately sending lots of texts and emails.  I love him!   He tries so hard! 

On a good note: none of my major picks for American Idol got kicked off...yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment