Monday, March 8, 2010

Fun Weekend

So I had a fun weekend. On Friday, Patricia and I got out of work late due to lots of complications with transferring a kid to another school (they were just plain mean to the parent...just cause they have some difficulties/problems with parenting doesn't give you the okay to treat them like dirt...ok I'm off my soapbox. And so after the long day we decided to treat ourselves to dinner with pomegranate martini's hahaha and they were delicious!! My brother also called me up in the middle of the day to tell me that he passed the TSA screening test and was offered a contingency of employment. I was sooo excited for him. He's been looking for a job for a long time! He really needed this step forward. He told me he was so excited that he just had to call someone right away...and it just happened to be his big sis. That rarely happens....the boy has a million friends. So big sister got to feel special haha. Then Saturday, my brother called me up and told me that him and his friend had rented an apartment (one of the nice new ones)...but that he won't be moving in until he starts working in April. But that he had the key and wanted to show me....and even though I was completely happy sitting on the couch in my PJ's watching Army Wives, I dragged my butt out the door to see his new place since I knew how excited he was! It was fun looking around the empty apartment and imagining where things would go. Then my mom came back to my house and we made dinner and scrapbooked...then watched Army Wives. I loved it because my mom got hooked right in! She loves the show now too :o) As she put it, "It's much better than Bones" Since my family watches Bones all the time I guess she was up to a new show. Then the next day I woke up early and headed to Richmond to meet my best guy friend, Corey and his girlfriend Elizabeth. I've known him for 13 years. We were going Wine Tasting in the mountains of Charlottesville. I had actually never done a REAL wine tasting at a winery so I was reallly excited!! So we went to the first one and it was absolutely beautiful!!! So badly did I want Cody to be there with me! He would have LOVED it!! And one of their wines was mmmmmmm GOOD! I told them it's the kind of wine where you walk around your house with only a robe blasting girly music...or taking a bubble bath. I bought that bottle of wine...how could I resist?? So after that winery we went to 2 other winerys and they were all so much fun. I told Cody when he gets back that we are totally going to them!! The only other part that was kinda difficult was going with a couple. And actually not for the normal reason. They were not all over each other or cuddly or anything. Actually they acted more as friends than they did a couple. But it was difficult because I've known Corey for sooo long. So we have a lot of jokes and memories that we like to talk about...but I didn't want to leave Elizabeth out of them. And then it was vice versa....they have a lot of jokes and they didn't want to leave me out of it. So it was a balance during the whole trip to be able to talk about old times but not too much. But other than that it was a lot of fun. they even gave me a bottle of wine when I was leaving their house. So nice :o) Overall it was a Fun Weekend. PLUS, I got to skype with Cody....well kinda. I forgot my webcam at work...so I could see him but he couldn't see me. He is sooo adorable. He totally has my heart stolen. Now if he could hurry up and bring me a tiger back from the "Tiger River" hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment