Saturday, March 12, 2011

First New Post in FOREVER

So....yeah.  It's been 9 months since I posted last.  Crazy how time just flies by!!  So Cody got home soon after my last post.  We searched around for our perfect puppy and landed on our very own golden doodle puppy.  The breeder was awesome and let us come to the house every weekend from the time our puppy was 2 weeks old until 12 weeks old.  We named her "Vega" after our favorite star that we discovered during our honeymoon in Hawaii.  After having Vega in our lives and training her and loving every min. of her we started talking about having a baby.  Cody felt that the puppy gave us good experience working together for the best interest of another and we had pretty much done a great job with her.  So we decided to start trying to expand our family.  Then we went to Staunten/Charlottesville area for our wedding anniversary.  It was absolutely amazing.  Cody reserved the most beautiful deluxe bed & breakfast with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace in our room.  We even bought bubble bathe to make life fun....(I don't recommend dumping a whole bottle into the tub and sitting in there for over an hour...your skin feels like it will itch off, prob. not safe lol).  We had a good time going to the wineries and a Shakespeare play and took a drive down skyline drive.  The little town even had a little festival called "Chocolate & Sparkle".  For Thanksgiving we went to visit Cody's family in Arkansas.  It was on Thanksgiving that we discovered that we are having a little BABY!!!  I found out I was preggers!!  We were sooo excited.  We came home and told the news to my family and they were soooo EXCITED!  Of course soon after we found out we were pregnant we were hit with the news that Cody is deploying again.  He had just got back from Iraq that's why we thought that the timing was good.  I guess it goes to show again...never try to plan your life if you're in the military.  So devastating news is that Cody will not be here when our baby girl is born.  He will be deployed until our first baby is about 4-5 months old.  Tough stuff.  So once again....I guess this blog will be showing the good/bad/ugly of this deployment.  I always want to blog about the great things that happen between Cody & I when he is home...but we get soo wrapped up in spending time together and enjoying the time we have that I lose touch with everyone and everything since he's always coming & going.




So I'm 5 months pregnant with our little girl and Cody has been gone now for a week and a half.  Today was challenging day number one.  GROCERY shopping.  Now the actual shopping part is not hard at all...hell I get to buy all the stuff I like :)  The hard part is being pregnant and trying to bring $250 worth of groceries into the house while the dog is jumping on you.  Turns out when you have your hands full....Vega has a way to get out the door.  So there I was with both hands tied up and the dog runs out into the road.  So I had to wrangle her in like a freakin' bull gone wild.  So yeah...then putting up the groceries....it was a task man!  Whew!  Thank goodness that is over.  At least now the house has some food!!  Yippie!!  Now to make dinner.  Man I miss Cody.  He's the heavy lifter AND he makes dinner.  Although, good part of the day is that the weather was kick ass and I took Vega for a 4 mile hike on a trail near our neighborhood.  We had a good time!  Plus I got to skype with Cody.  Our little webcam is filling up with family members...usually it's just me & cody in the video....now it's me, cody and vega....and soon it will be me, cody, vega and norah (our baby).  Anyways, I'm starved.  This was a very condensed version of the last 9 months.  now time for food!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, though not on happy terms (aside from the baby CONGRATS!) I hope that this deployment goes quickly, my beau and I are gearing up for deployment #2 later this spring.
    Hope you're doing well and congrats again!

    ReplyDelete