Monday, May 30, 2011

Mini-baby shower, Girls Night & Lamaze

Memorial Weekend has been spectacular so far!!  On Friday after work (well it got crazy...) I had to drive all the way to David's Bridal (1 hr away) to get my maid of honor dress tailored.  Then right after that I had to drive an hour back to get to the hospital for the start of my private lamaze class.  I really liked my instructor.  She definitely had a strong opinion towards natural birth but she wasn't pushy and really considered what I wanted from my birth.  It was kinda nice having the natural birth perspective since I've read 3 books coming from the doctors perspective.  I still have no idea what I'm going to do....epidural or natural....it's so hard to say when I've never been through contractions.  No idea how bad it will be. I guess we will see in 8 weeks what I decide!! 

So on Saturday I had my Lamaze class again...fun and informative.  Then I went to my friend Kelley's house and was thinking it was just a girls day but found out it was a little mini-baby shower for Phyllis and I.  Kelley, Megan, Angie and Jackie were there.  Josh, Jerrod, Gary and Wade came by a little later.  It was fun.  It was the first gifts that I've been able to open for the baby.  It was fun!  I love opening gifts for Norah.  Much better than opening gifts for myself.  Kelley gave us a basket with bath soap and lotion, a first aid kit that we registered for, two stuffed animals and the little animal attached to the blanket thing (which I heard babies love).  Megan made us a lavender themed diaper cake which had a cute pair of little girl sun glasses.  Angie gave us a little outfit (a green onsie with a fish on it and a purple skirt) and breast pads and soothing gel breast pads.  Jackie gave us two swaddling blankets.  I had a good time catching up with all of them. 

Then on Sunday we had our last and final Lamaze class.  Learned a little about breastfeeding, breathing, positions.  We practiced some positions and it was a good idea to help my mom learn what she can do to help.  After that I went to meet Suzanne, Kristin, Tina, and Patricia for a girls night out.  We went to Sweet Frog (which is sooooo delicious) and had fun talking and laughing.  Then we went to see Bridesmaids.  We sat in the back row and just laughed hysterically.  I felt like we were 13 year olds.  We were singing with the music and dancing and laughing and just having a good time. 

Today is Monday-No Work!  holla!!  And I had a great time talking to Cody on the phone this morning.  And right now I'm just waiting for dad to get here so we can go get something to eat then head out to the movies to see the Hangover Part II.  So far it's been a wonderful weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment