Friday, May 20, 2011

Norah's 30 week doc appt.

So before I went to the doctors appointment today, I had been talking to a couple people about Norah's size.  I felt that I should be bigger by now.  I mean I feel huge and tired and obviously pregnant.  I can feel Norah kick on a regular basis.  But I had this gut feeling that she should be bigger.  And people kept commenting on how my belly was cute and not huge.  Then people kept telling me that they could barely tell I was pregnant and I look great.  I kept thinking that it's people just trying to be nice since I am growing and getting bigger than normal.  So I asked the doctor when I went to my 30 week appt. if Norah was growing good.  She check me out and checked the size of my uterus with her hand then she measured.  And right now, my uterus is at 25 weeks when it should be at 30 weeks.  And at her last ultrasound she was a little tiny bit smaller but was still good.  So with my uterus at 25 weeks my doctor scheduled another ultrasound to make sure that Norah is growing like she should be.  The doctor told me not to worry and that this is the reason for prenatal care, to just be aware of how she is growing and to make sure that she will be healthy.  I also feel confident with my doctors care that they will do everything as a precaution just to make sure she is perfect.  Norah's heart rate is good at about 150.  My blood pressure is good.  I passed my gestational diabetes test with flying colors.  Everything else looks great.  But they just want to make sure Norah is growing.  She's just a little on the smaller side right now.  The doctor told me not to worry though...so we should know in 2 weeks for the next ultrasound!  I hope my Norah-bear is doing good and growing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment