Sunday, May 8, 2011

My 1st Mothers Day (sorta)

So today was a great day!  I got to spend it with my mom and dad.  I had gotten my mom a purple plant, gift card to Michaels Craft store and I made a card for her.
 
 
 This past week I got 2 mother's day cards.  One from my WONDERFUL husband, who thought about me being a mom now before I did.  Which I found so sweet that he was thinking of me.  And one from my coworkers/friends Tina, Kristin and Holly.  All of the cards made me feel so special.  The one Cody got me made me cry it was beautiful and my first mother's day card ever!  I love him <3



We then went and saw the movie Thor which was pretty good.  Then after that we went to Advanced Auto Parts bc my headlight was out and I swear the security guard was going to give me a ticket if he saw me one more time without a headlight running.  And then we went to dinner at Vancostas....our regular.  Even the waitress told us that we were regulars at the restaurant!  I like being regulars somewhere!

While we were at dinner we laughed so hard that we all 3 cried.  It's so nice to laugh so hard you cry.  That's the absolute best!  We were joking about how mom gets like Vega when she sees people she wants to talk to....which is like everyone!  If you know my mom...you know the face she gets when she wants to join in a conversation.  It looks a lot like Vega wanting to play with you....heart races faster, eyes get all big, she gets all jittery!  We were dying and then we started talking about putting a shock collar on her but that she would be like that tweeked out dog that keeps zapping himself just to get out the fence.  You know there are certain moments in life that you just can't explain in words, but I had to try...for the very least so I can look back and think about that moment and remember really good times.

Then we came home and dad and I put in the headlight to my car.  I've never done that before.  I feel accomplished.  It really isn't hard at all.  And now I know I can do that :)  Thank you deployments for making me be more self sufficient.  Although, I can't lie, it sure is nice just having my husband be around to do the manly things <3  I love my man.

After that we all came in my house and just relaxed.  Then for some reason we all got a root beer float craving.  And because it was mother's day dad went out and got vanilla icecream and root beer.  It was SOOO delicious!  It was the best!!  It was heaven!

And now I'm just chilling waiting for Army Wives to come on!!  Yippie!!  What a FABULOUS MOTHER'S DAY!!!

FB Messages:

Latara B.:  Happy About-to-be-a-Mother's Day, Carla :)
Kristin D:  Happy Mudder's Day beautiful lady
Patricia B: Happy Mother's Day to-be to you and Norah the beautiful princess!!!
Cody L: Happy Mother's Day Sweetheart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment