Sunday, February 28, 2010

Kids are soooo cute (uh oh)

hahaha I guess that baby hormone is kickin' into overdrive LOL....So Cody and I want to wait for two more years before we try to have any kids.  The main reasons are so I can finish my master's degree, for us to save up some $$, and to also just enjoy being together as a married couple without that huge responsibility.  Logically the 2 year waiting makes sense.  Until I see the most adorable kids like everyday!!  He's lucky because he doesn't have to work with them everyday, he doesn't have to see his friends kids everyday.  So here is my kids rundown this weekend.  It was definately in overdrive:

Friday Night-Went to Tina's house before our scrapbook night.  When I get to Tina's she has SIX kids there, 2 were hers, 1 was her sisters, and 3 were a neighbors she was watching till they got off work.  And every single one of them were adorable.  They have the dance game on Wii and wanted me to see them dance.  And let me tell you....if you want to smile, just have kids from ages 5-10 play the dance game on wii.  OMG soo cute!! 

Saturday Morning- I went to the Big Brothers/Big Sisters "Bowl for Kids Sake" Charity with my coworkers/friends.  Tina brought her two kids (ages 5 &9) and Suzanne & Mike brought Sam (14 mo.).  So they had the DJ at the bowling alley and we were all dancing and bowling.  I had Caden (5yo) wave his hand over my bowling ball to give it a little extra magic juice.  It was adorable.  Blake (9yo) would help us figure out which pins we should try to knock down.  Plus 5-Fives were a given for everyone!!  And little Baby Sam got to bowl for the 1st time!  HOW CUTE!!  Then Mike put baby sam on my lap while I was sitting....BAD IDEA. I didn't want to let him go LOL....I skipped my turn to bowl because I was having so much fun with Sam.  Then Caden came over and gave Sam a hug.  Hello that was like a trifecta of cuteness!!  An overload if you will.  Then when we were done I was showing Blake how to do the wave with his hands which turned into the whole group of us (about 10) doing the wave in a big circle!  Lets just say I had a blast.

Saturday afternoon and Night- So after the bowling my best friend Sondra came to my house. We had decided that it would be fun to get lost on Ft. Eustis.  I only know where the Commissary, PX, and Gym are and I really would like to see the rest of Post.  So we get on Post and decide that we are hungry.  We head straight over to the PX and get some food.  While we are sitting there I'm telling her about my morning and how I want kids.  She said that she and Will have bounced around the ideas a couple times but they are going to wait.  I told her that they were lucky because they live with her brother, sis-in-law and their child Aly (2 yo).  So they basically get to play with Aly all the time and get to help with Parenting which takes the baby edge off.  She began telling me that her brother and sis-in-law had asked their other sisters husband to watch Aly tonight but that they don't like that guy cause he's not really good with Aly.  He's pretty much an asshole.  Sondra was like we can watch Aly tonight if you want to.  And I was like heck yeah!  So Sondra decided that instead of going to her house and just watching her there we should bring Aly to my house so I really get to know how it feels to parent.  I liked this idea.  So we went to the comissary and picked up groceries first and then headed to pick up Aly.  (so now we have completely scrapped the idea of getting lost on post, going to the 2 places I know how to get to and heading off again hahaha).

So we pick up Aly and I put her in her car seat (1x I've done that).  Then we went into the grocery store to pick up a bottle of juice.  Once we got to my house I baby proofed it the best I could.  She danced in my living room and found things I've never realized were in my house haha.  I then changed my 1st pee diaper ever.  It was a little weird changing a diaper, not gonna lie. but Sondra said I did a really good job.  Then I proceeded to make dinner...which I normally suck at but I guess the mommy gene came out of me because it was pretty good.  I tried to get Aly to say my name since her words are limited. She gave the a name that sounded close to mama like muahma.....so I decided to make my name a little easier for her so she started calling me lala (carla---lala..) So I helped her eat dinner.  Then we boiled eggs and had an Easter egg coloring kit and helped her dye Easter eggs.  It was her 1st time ever doing it.  It was sooo funny.  She just dunked the whole egg in the cup of coloring hahahah and then she just rolled it around the paint.  It was soo cute.  Then it was straight up to bath time.  I've never given a baby a bath either.  So Sondra set me up and told me what I needed to do then she left to go clean the kitchen as I baby bathed.  haha.  She doesn't like getting her hair wet so I thought of discrete ways of doing it and making her laugh so she wouldn't go on complete freak out mode.  After she was clean I put on her PJ's and we brushed her teeth.  Man these were a lot of 1sts. Then we were watching Elmo downstairs on the couch with a big quilt.  It was nice.  Then she made the poop face.  and Sondra looked at me and told me that this would be my 1st poopy diaper.  I was scared hahaha.  So I take off that diaper and there was sitting a little poopy right in her butt.  I'm not gonna lie.  I've never seen a poopy in a butt EVER.  I never was around babies.  I'm used to school aged kids.  So I held my breath and just did the job needed and I thought I would freak out but I feel I did a pretty good job.  Then we watched some more elmo and Blues Clues.  Then you could tell she was getting sleepy.  So Sondra told me how to rock her to sleep and put her in bed.  So I went up stairs and rocked her to sleep and layed her in the bed.  But you have to lay next to her or she'll get up.  So I was laying in the dark with her, trying not to fall asleep my self and every time I would get up to leave she would sit straight up.  So after a little maneuvering and time I figured a way to get out of the bed w/o waking her.  And that was it.  I have now taken care of a baby!! YAY!  And I have to say that I can imagine taking care of a baby by yourself.  It's a lot of work.  I give my respect to those single mothers/fathers out there and military wives/husbands that take care of all the kids when their SO is deployed!  It's tough stuff.  So I still want a baby, but I think just babysitting for a while will do just fine.  It was a fun Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment