Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sick as a dog....Puerto Rico Bound

So, on Wednesday (the day before we were supposed to leave for Puerto Rico)….I wake up around 4am sick as a dog. I immediately tried to take a shower to get ready for work KNOWING that I just had to get to work b/c I was leaving the next day for PR. I get in the shower and 3 mins later had to jump out to go and throw up (I know…way too much info.)….well it turned out that I couldn’t leave the bathroom because I was soo sick! So I called my supervisor and told her I couldn’t make it followed by calling my doctor to beg to fit me in his schedule. They told me that the was booked solid and that he was leaving today at 10:15am (it had been snowing like a frickin’ blizzard). But they explained they might have a cancellation bc of the snow. So my ass gets in the car and immediately drove to the doctors (it’s easier to turn someone down over the phone….not so much when they’re puking in their office). So luckily the nurses were really sweet and squeezed me in. Turned out I had some “goskdfjisejksdfj-virus”….I really understood the word virus in the whole deal…Doc said that I could be feeling better in a day or in a week! ARG!!!! A week???? Hello….I need to be in Puerto Rico in like 17 hrs!!! So I get to my parents home (it’s always nice to be sick at your parents home…they spoil you)…and my brother has the exact same thing as I had….looking dead on the couch! So my mom came home early (due to snow) and got us some Gatorade, pillows, blankets, made a fire, found a movie to play when we weren’t sleeping, gave us medicine…….MAN I LOVE MOM’s when your sick!! She was the BEST!! She was soo sweet!! Even the smell of food just had us running to the bathroom, so she and dad ate out so we wouldn’t have to smell it in the house! I felt like the only option left was death at a certain point….it was horrible!! But slowly but surely throughout the day I ran to the bathroom less, sat up a couple times, and by the end of the night had a ¼ of a PB&J sandwich (about 4 bites). AND IT STAYED DOWN!! YAY!! Still feeling like crap though, I didn’t know if I was going to be able to go to Puerto Rico. My girlfriends were texting me left and right hoping that I could go still and telling me to get better FAST! Even my supervisor at work was like “Girl…you are going….even if I have to take you to PR myself”. So 2:30am came awfully quickly (the time my friend was picking me up) and I decided to go! It was ROUGH!! But I didn’t pay a crap ton of money just to throw it away…literally! So I looked like death, but headed to Puerto Rico!

Sick as a dog.....Puerto Rico Bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment