Sunday, February 28, 2010

Good Conversation YAY

So today Cody tried to Skype with me, unfortunately it wouldn't go through. He said that it was very cloudy where he was and didn't know if that was the reason why.  It came through but was very jumpy.  Then we got on the phone and he was tired like usual and I got a little "fussy" about how I want more fun conversations.  I mean I know he is working everyday without a day off and going to class and all that.  And I've let our very "safe" and low key convos go...even though I wanted a little more.  But I just really wanted to just laugh with him.  He always tells me how much he loves me and we talk about our days.  But I've been missing our completely random conversations...the convos that make us....us.  So after I "fussed" alittle bit we got off the phone and I was sooo upset.  We never got to have the fun part of the convo.  He had to go take a shower and go to bed.  I felt soo sad....so I sent him this long email that was just raw emotion about how I was feeling.  Right as I pressed the send button Cody called me again.  He said that he was in the shower and he was thinking and wanted to talk to me again and make sure I was happy and to have the fun part of our convo.  I was so thankful that he called back bc it would have ruined my day.  Plus, he's just such a good guy....he really cares and we really do love each other.  So I told him he might not want to read his email bc I didn't think he was going to call me back.  I think he thought that it was going to be a really bad email saying that I couldn't handle the deployment anymore.  So I read to him what I wrote.  Which basically said how I hope he gets more sleep, to call me only when he really wants to talk and is feeling up to talking bc I didn't want to be a responsibility but I want him to want to talk and some other stuff.  I also said that I wanted our convos to just be a little more fun and random...insteady of consistant and safe.  I told him that we've both been holding back any strong emotions for the sake of the other person in the relationship so there is no added stress....but that I felt that it was neglecting what was true to our relationship....and that is emotional and open communication.  Cody felt the exact same why I did and said he was thankful for my email.  He said that he ALWAYS wants to call me everyday and never once has it been a responsibility but that he just wants to talk to his baby.  But that a lot of the time he will go on autopilot because he is soo tired from the whole day.  And I told him that I completely understood and that I want him to be able to sleep or vent when he needs to.  And he said that he would try extra hard to make sure that we can have fun convos bc he misses them too.  So then we proceeded to have the best conversation and joke on each other and laugh and joke on each other some more.  I told him that his car wasn't running and that I ran over a sign (2 things I kept from him bc of the sake of added stress) but I laughed about them and told him that he has to send me a plum purple hoodie before I charge the battery in his car....he laughed as well and told me that I was murdering Senor Butternut (his car)! hahaha

And I just want to say this is why I love my husband soooo much.  Because there are going to be tough times ahead in life....there will be happy, sad, hurt, excitement, love.....every emotion you could ever have it put into a relationship.  And we feel all of them with each other.  And whenever we hit a small little bump in the road or tough times.....we always listen to how the other one feels and then we work extra hard to show that person we heard them and want to make them happy.  It's a 2 way street in which we both try.  And I couldn't imagine a marriage where my husband didn't care about my feelings or just brushed them aside.  I love Cody with all of my heart!!  He is sooo good to me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment